Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mad Katter Tea Party


This year we are having a Sweet 16 party for my daughter. It will be a mad hatter tea party taken from the Alice in Wonderland story. Her name is Kat, hence the name Mad Katter Tea Party. We booked a hall and a band. This is one of the decorations that I made. The hat is from A Childs First Year Cricut Cartridge. I inked the edges of the band on the hat and mad the 10/6 tag by hand. The hat pins are a wondedrful addition from my BFF using wire, beads and glue dots. She is so crafty! She also added the flowers and gems. I love her for so many reasons. Thanks Candy! She also told me that Hatters used to go crazy from all of the mercury that was in the materials used to make hats and that is where the phrase "mad as a hatter" came from. Who Knew!!??